- Deputy Chief Information Officer and Chief of Staff - Scot Ransbottom
- The Administration & Planning group plays a variety of roles for the Division of Information Technology (IT). Areas of responsibility include strategic planning; policy development; communications within IT and with the university community; project coordination between elements of IT; project management; personnel services; administrative requests; computer purchasing and software distribution (Information Technology Acquisitions); and coordination with the commonwealth's information technology agency.
- Associate Vice President - Terry Herdman
- Director - Marc T. DeBonis
- Associate Vice President - Deborah M. Fulton
- Application Information Systems /Banner, Information Warehousing, Document Management Systems, Integration & Portal Services/My VT, Database Administration, Application Administration, Web Hosting
- Information Technology Security Officer and Director, Information Technology Security Lab - Randy Marchany
- The Information Technology Security Office and Lab focus on education and research in computer and network security. We provide tools and services, awareness, and guidance to help Virginia Tech faculty, staff, and students to work towards a safe and secure IT environment for teaching, learning, research, outreach, and the conduct of university business.
- Executive Director - Claire Krendl Gilbert
- Information Technology Experience & Engagement (ITE²) is focused on collaboratively evolving and actively ensuring a high quality user experience when interacting with the Division of Information Technology. ITE² serves as the “front door” for users across the university, providing support and coordination of activities. ITE² also works closely with Division units to continuously review and improve the user experience.
- Executive Director - William Dougherty
- Director - Mary Dunker
- Secure Identity Services (SIS) is responsible for supporting Virginia Tech’s online identity management and authentication processes. SIS provides secure access to information resources, and supports robust web applications, middleware, online directories, and authentication technologies that integrate with teaching, learning, research, and outreach services throughout the university.
- Executive Director and Associate Provost - Dale D. Pike
Office of the Vice President of
Information Technology MC 0169
800 Drillfield Drive / Suite 314
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061