The Resources section contains policy documents, regulations, and archival publications administered through the Division of Information Technology.
- University numbered policies are statements of management philosophy and direction, established to provide direction and assistance to the university community in the conduct of university affairs. Policies are listed by policy number on the university policy page. (www.policies.vt.edu). Standards, like other university procedures, are statements that prescribe specific actions to be taken to conform to established policies, allowing for the orderly implementation of those policies. Standards require compliance. Guidelines are recommendations important to carrying out policies and standards as well as other activities. Guidelines are advisory rather than mandatory.
- News & Notices
- Information Technology service announcements and time-sensitive information.
- IT Strategic Documents
- This page provides information and links to various strategic documents for the Division of Information Technology.
- Spotlight on Information Technology
- These are special highlights on events and projects within the Division of Information Technology.
- DCSS Presentations
- The Departmental Computer Support Symposium (DCSS) is presented every year in April and October. The symposium allows support personnel from various departments on campus to learn more about technology trends on campus.
- IT Connection
- The IT Connection gives you a view of what is going on in the Division of Information Technology.
- IT Reference Guide
- Whether you’re new to Virginia Tech or just reviewing your computing and communications needs, you’ll benefit from an awareness of the essential services and tasks described within this guide.
- ITELL is the Division of Information Technology’s internal newsletter. ITELL promotes sharing of information, accomplishments, project details, and new services across IT units.
How to use Division of IT websites
Division of IT Homepage - information about the organization, news, events, jobs and employee information, and a connection to the services that we offer the university.
4Help Self Service Dashboard – search our Knowledge Base for answers, browse the IT Service Catalog, ask for Help or an answer to your questions, or connect to our services as a Guest.
IT Service Catalog - NEW – in Beta testing! A searchable, categorized listing of available technology resources and offerings for Students, Faculty, and Staff at Virginia Tech.
Computing@Virginia Tech – Current IT status, information on onboarding and getting connected, and a link to the Scheduled Maintenance Calendar.
IT Acquisitions – Browse and purchase software and learn about other tools and resources available through the Division of Information Technology.