We constantly monitor our services and their related components. If there is ever a service interruption, a notification will be posted to the System Status. If you are experiencing problems not listed on the System Status, you can submit a request for service.
- WVTF Public Radio, RADIO IQ budget to be reviewed by Virginia Tech Foundation
- 'NOVA' film on Flint Water Crisis to feature Virginia Tech researchers
- Virginia Tech mechanical engineering lab receives autonomous driving simulator
- Manchester bombing may show group is losing power despite causing fear, says terrorism expert
- The Moss Arts Center celebrates Virginia’s heritage music during the Crooked Road’s Mountains of Music Homecoming
- Professor William Hopkins receives Graduate School's outstanding mentor award
- Wade Stokes joins College of Science as assistant dean of advancement
- Julia Ross named Paul and Dorothea Torgersen Dean of Engineering
- Regenerative medicine researcher’s startup companies give hope to patients
- Volunteers needed for confidential cigarette smoking study
IT Maintenance Events
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Feb 22, 2017 Virginia Cyber Range names Amazon Web Services as preferred partner AWS will join the Commonwealth of Virginia and Virginia Tech to support scalable cloud infrastructure and collaborate on cybersecurity educational efforts, enabling the Cyber Range with both content and a closed network for hands-on exercises, competitions, and other simulations.
- Feb 01, 2017 Documentary, panel discussion about women and minorities in STEM and computing set for Feb. 7 Virginia Tech is hosting a public screening of “CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap,” on Feb. 7. CODE is a documentary that explores the history of women and minorities in the field of computer science and discusses the benefits, challenges, and struggles of underrepresented groups in the STEM fields.
- Oct 25, 2016 Aras Memisyazici appointed network architect for the Virginia Cyber Range In his new position, Memisyazici will define needs and develop technical strategy for the Virginia Cyber Range, a newly formed virtual center aimed at creating a state-of-the-art platform for cybersecurity education in Virginia.
- Sep 21, 2016 Virginia Cyber Range to enhance cybersecurity education across the commonwealth The initiative will provide advanced cybersecurity training exercises for high school and college students, positioning Virginia to become a leading source of critical cybersecurity expertise for the nation.
- Sep 13, 2016 Enhancing national security by making intelligence software smarter The Discovery Analytics Center and a Virginia-based defense company are working together on software that can predict and adapt to an intelligence analyst's needs.
- Sep 08, 2016 New lab to help establish databases to improve nuclear reactor safety, design The lab, to be built in Randolph Hall, will help nuclear engineers develop and test databases to enable engineers to design safer, more-efficient reactors.
- Sep 01, 2016 Virginia Tech reveals $75 million plan to emphasize intelligent infrastructure More than 80 faculty members from multiple colleges and institutes are involved in the initiative, as the university ties new assets into existing programs and research facilities.
- Aug 18, 2016 Virginia Tech’s new data repository helps researchers share data The easier data is to evaluate and reuse, the simpler it is for researchers to verify others’ results and understand what has already been tested in their fields. Open data repositories allow researchers to spend less time pursuing false leads and more time creating new knowledge.
- Aug 17, 2016 New academic offerings at Virginia Tech for the 2016-17 year The university has exciting new offerings for students in the 2016-17 academic year, including programs, curriculum revisions, resources, and spaces.
- Aug 16, 2016 New Virginia Tech building opens, providing students with state-of-the-art learning spaces The classrooms have features that include moveable furnishings, wall-mounted writing spaces, and multiple screens for projecting shared material and student work.
- Aug 08, 2016 Major process improvements at Virginia Tech advance speed and success of research proposals Summit is the university's customized solution for research administration processes. It is expected that the new system will enable faculty to improve the quality of submitted proposals and shorten the time required to prepare them.
- Jul 29, 2016 Virginia Tech to spearhead $19.4 million effort to build new software institute dedicated to molecular, chemical computational modeling The university will lead a new initiative to build a national team of software scientists to design and build new, powerful software tools, in what will be called the Molecular Sciences Software Institute.
- Jul 22, 2016 Virginia Tech faculty awarded $2.5 million from NSF to advance future wireless technologies The National Science Foundation has awarded the research funding to Wireless @ Virginia Tech to address critical issues concerning emerging wireless communication networks and technology, which are vital to economic growth and development in the United States.
- Jul 20, 2016 Natasha Smith and Alex Guest use technology to improve academic advising Smith and Guest are admired by their colleagues for their creative problem solving. Their teamwork was recognized this spring when they were nominated for the Governor's Award program.
- Jun 22, 2016 New journal launched for up-and-coming field of computational psychiatry Scientists at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute are teaming up with neuroscientists around the world.
IT Events Calendar
- May 30, 2017 - May 30, 2017 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM RB-14, room 115 + WebEx IT Service Management Group Meeting
- Jun 21, 2017 - Jun 21, 2017 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM CRC Pavilion, Innovation Drive DoIT Summer Picnic
- Jun 21, 2017 - Jun 21, 2017 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM RB-14 Room 115 Open meeting: Service Now Reporting
- Jul 14, 2017 - Jul 14, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM 3080 Torgersen Hall Brown Bag Lunch with the Deputy CIO
- Open letter to faculty on migration to Canvas
- Notices for the Graduates asked to unsubscribe from VT Alerts
- iPads, MacBooks, laptops, cameras, and more available for checkout at Newman Library
- BT4U mobile app provides real-time bus information
- Beware of VT Alerts phishing scam
- Learning Experience Design provides course design assistance during Canvas migrations
- All employees have unlimited access to software, design, and business skill tutorials via lynda.com
- Download LiveSafe app to stay safe and informed
- Email 'phishing' reminder
- Important safety information about university telephones
- Accessibility improvements made to interactive campus map
- Enroll in 2-Factor Authentication before it becomes mandatory July 4