Administration & Planning (A&P)
- Deputy Chief Information Officer and Chief of Staff - Scot Ransbottom
- The Administration & Planning group plays a variety of roles for the Division of Information Technology (IT). Areas of responsibility include strategic planning; policy development; communications within IT and with the university community; project coordination between elements of IT; project management; personnel services; administrative requests; computer purchasing and software distribution (Information Technology Procurement and Licensing Solutions); and coordination with the commonwealth's information technology agency.
Advanced Research Computing (ARC)
- Associate Vice President - Terry Herdman
- Advanced Research Computing (ARC) at Virginia Tech is an innovative and interdisciplinary environment advancing computational science, engineering and technology.
Enterprise Systems (ES)
- Associate Vice President - Deborah M. Fulton
- Enterprise Systems supports the mission of Virginia Tech by providing an integrated portfolio of effective, secure, innovative, and reliable services including: Application Information Systems/Banner, Information Warehousing, Document Management Systems, Integration & Portal Services/My VT, Database Administration, Application Administration, and Web Hosting.
Information Technology Security Office (ITSO)
- Information Technology Security Officer and Director, Information Technology Security Lab - Randy Marchany
- The Information Technology Security Office and Lab focus on education and research in computer and network security. We provide tools and services, awareness, and guidance to help Virginia Tech faculty, staff, and students to work towards a safe and secure IT environment for teaching, learning, research, outreach, and the conduct of university business.
Information Technology Experience & Engagement (ITE²)
- Executive Director - Claire Krendl Gilbert
- Information Technology Experience & Engagement (ITE²) is focused on collaboratively evolving and actively ensuring a high quality user experience when interacting with the Division of Information Technology. ITE² serves as the “front door” for users across the university, providing support and coordination of activities. ITE² also works closely with Division units to continuously review and improve the user experience.
Secure Identity Services (SIS)
- Executive Director - Ryan McDaniel
- Secure Identity Services (SIS) is responsible for supporting Virginia Tech’s online identity management and authentication processes. SIS provides secure access to information resources, and supports robust web applications, middleware, online directories, and authentication technologies that integrate with teaching, learning, research, and outreach services throughout the university.
Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS)
- Executive Director and Associate Provost - Dale D. Pike
- TLOS serves the Virginia Tech community by working with faculty to design effective learning experiences, providing training to enhance digital fluency, and supporting innovative learning environments in traditional, distance, and hybrid courses.
Virginia Cyber Range
- Director - David Raymond
- The Virginia Cyber Range is a Commonwealth of Virginia initiative with a mission to enhance cybersecurity education for students in the Commonwealth’s public high schools, colleges, and universities. The Virginia Cyber Range seeks to increase the number of fully prepared students entering the cybersecurity workforce in operations, development, and research.