We constantly monitor our services and their related components. If there is ever a service interruption, a notification will be posted to the System Status. If you are experiencing problems not listed on the System Status, you can submit a request for service.
Division of IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Feb 14, 2019 High-performance computing boosts art and design students’ creative power Students taking the university’s advanced animation course will now be able to create complex projects more quickly and efficiently, thanks to a collaboration between the School of Visual Arts, Advanced Research Computing, and the Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology.
- Feb 13, 2019 University Directory Service helps Virginia Tech make connections 24/7 This notice lets people know that the university switchboard is now officially called the University Directory Service, and can be accessed by calling 231-6000.
- Jan 28, 2019 Student survey: EDUCAUSE technology research in academic communities Please take a few minutes to complete this survey of your experiences with technology at Virginia Tech.
- Jan 28, 2019 Survey: EDUCAUSE technology research in academic communities Survey underway to collect information on faculty experiences with university technology services and capabilities
- Dec 06, 2018 Spear phishing and other scams increasing, please be aware Information on how to protect yourself from spear phishing an other online scams.
- Nov 12, 2018 Virginia Cyber Range director recognized for leadership in cybersecurity David Raymond, director of the Virginia Cyber Range and deputy director of Virginia Tech’s Information Technology Security Lab, received the 2018 Shirley Payne IT Security Advancement Award for strengthening IT security within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
IT Maintenance Events
- Jun 26, 2018 Video for Instruction: establishing a comprehensive video strategy for the future It can seem a bit magical to users when enterprise-wide programs change service providers, but a peek inside the process reveals the teamwork and planning required to get from idea to launch. With the contracts for WebEx and Echo360 services ending in June 2018, Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies began planning for a possible service change by forming the Video-for-Instruction working group in 2016. The VFI group was charged to evaluate all the available, innovative, and affordable service options for using video in teaching and learning with a specific focus on services not requiring proprietary hardware or file formats. The resulting report recommended the ideal service transition would feature the new tools integrated into existing services with all content migrated and no disruptions for users while offering an easier to use and improved service compared to those replaced.
- Mar 26, 2018 A gradual rollout of Banner 9 has begun in some administrative offices On March 12, 2018, a gradual rollout of Banner 9 administrative pages began in a few administrative offices on campus, including the Bursar’s Office, the Registrar’s Office, and others. Banner 9 is the next generation of the university's enterprise resource planning system, which provides integrated management of our core business processes.
- Feb 12, 2018 Hidden Figures: Into the Future Come to Virginia Tech on March 20 to attend a free matinee showing of the acclaimed motion picture Hidden Figures in Haymarket Theater (doors open at 3:30pm). Events are free of charge, but you do need to pre-register so that we can keep track of how many spaces are left.
- Jan 29, 2018 Virginia Tech Google accounts no longer uses a separate password; Google apps moved to VT Login service
- Jan 16, 2018 More-secure passphrases replaced passwords To ensure the security of personal data and university resources, the Division of Information Technology is updating account creation and management processes and implementing new password complexity rules on January 29th.
- Jan 16, 2018 Keeping track of your eduroam (WiFi) password is about to get easier When you need to re-enter your eduroam WiFi password (aka your Network Password), can you remember it? Neither can we! To help, the process is about to get easier. Beginning January 29th, you will be able to retrieve or re-set an auto-generated password each time you need to connect a device.
- Oct 18, 2017 Tips to practice good online safety habits Improve your online experience and increase your security by practicing good online safety habits with these tips and advice.
- Oct 16, 2017 Cyber Security Awareness Month October is Cybersecurity Awareness month! Improve your online experience and increase your security by practicing good online safety habits with these tips and advice.
- More-secure passphrases replace passwords beginning January 29
- Banner being upgraded in 2018
- Open letter to faculty on migration to Canvas
- Notices for the Graduates asked to unsubscribe from VT Alerts
- iPads, MacBooks, laptops, cameras, and more available for checkout at Newman Library
- BT4U mobile app provides real-time bus information
- Learning Experience Design provides course design assistance during Canvas migrations
- All employees have unlimited access to software, design, and business skill tutorials via lynda.com
- Download LiveSafe app to stay safe and informed
- Email 'phishing' reminder
- Important safety information about university telephones
- Accessibility improvements made to interactive campus map