We constantly monitor our services and their related components. If there is ever a service interruption, a notification will be posted to the System Status. If you are experiencing problems not listed on the System Status, you can submit a request for service.
Division of IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Feb 19, 2018 Virginia Tech selects Zoom and Kaltura as new video tools Zoom and Kaltura will replace existing instructional video tools at the end of the spring semester.
- Feb 13, 2018 Undergraduate students asked to participate in Student Technology Survey 2018 Undergraduate students are asked to participate in a survey that will help Virginia Tech learn how to provide students with better information about technology services.
- Feb 09, 2018 Call for Nominations 2018: XCaliber Award XCaliber Award recognizes innovative teaching methods.
- Jan 19, 2018 More-secure passphrases replace passwords beginning January 29 notice about password complexity changes
- Jan 19, 2018 Keeping track of your eduroam (WiFi) password is about to get easier This is a notice regarding changes to network password changes
- Jan 18, 2018 Virginia Tech Google accounts will no longer use a separate password; Google apps move to VT Login service on January 29 G Suite for Education applications to move behind VT Login service on January 29th. Users will no longer need a separate password to access their VT Google applications.
IT Maintenance Events
- Jan 29, 2018 Virginia Tech Google accounts no longer uses a separate password; Google apps moved to VT Login service
- Jan 16, 2018 More-secure passphrases replaced passwords To ensure the security of personal data and university resources, the Division of Information Technology is updating account creation and management processes and implementing new password complexity rules on January 29th.
- Jan 16, 2018 Keeping track of your eduroam (WiFi) password is about to get easier When you need to re-enter your eduroam WiFi password (aka your Network Password), can you remember it? Neither can we! To help, the process is about to get easier. Beginning January 29th, you will be able to retrieve or re-set an auto-generated password each time you need to connect a device.
- Oct 18, 2017 Tips to practice good online safety habits Improve your online experience and increase your security by practicing good online safety habits with these tips and advice.
- Oct 16, 2017 Cyber Security Awareness Month October is Cybersecurity Awareness month! Improve your online experience and increase your security by practicing good online safety habits with these tips and advice.
- Oct 12, 2017 Wi-Fi service added to more outdoor campus locations To enable learning and collaboration outside the classroom, outdoor wireless coverage has been added outside numerous locations throughout campus.
- Sep 19, 2017 Find and connect to university services on Virginia Tech's OneCampus site OneCampus is the new hub for online academic, business, and personal transactions while at the university.
- Sep 07, 2017 Virginia Cyber Range At a Sept. 6 ceremony, the Virginia Cyber Range was presented with the 2017 Governor’s Technology Award for innovative use of technology in education.
IT Events Calendar
- Feb 20, 2018 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Torgersen Hall 1100 Intro to ARC Systems This class will provide an overview of high-performance computing from a beginner's perspective. It will cover the following topics: 1) What is supercomputing? 2) Why is supercomputing or parallel computing important 3) Key terminology and concepts in parallel and supercomputing 4) What do modern supercomputers look like? 5) Theoretical background for parallel computing Any or all interested parties are welcome. Participants are not expected to have any background or familiarity with supercomputing or even programming to attend this session. This session provides an overview of the high-performance computing (HPC) resources managed by Advanced Research Computing(ARC) followed by a hands-on introduction to the user environment. This session also provides an excellent opportunity for less experienced HPC users to acquaint themselves with the systems available at Virginia Tech and become more comfortable with their use.
- More-secure passphrases replace passwords beginning January 29
- Banner being upgraded in 2018
- Open letter to faculty on migration to Canvas
- Notices for the Graduates asked to unsubscribe from VT Alerts
- iPads, MacBooks, laptops, cameras, and more available for checkout at Newman Library
- BT4U mobile app provides real-time bus information
- Learning Experience Design provides course design assistance during Canvas migrations
- All employees have unlimited access to software, design, and business skill tutorials via lynda.com
- Download LiveSafe app to stay safe and informed
- Email 'phishing' reminder
- Important safety information about university telephones
- Accessibility improvements made to interactive campus map
- Enroll in 2-Factor Authentication before it becomes mandatory July 4