We constantly monitor our services and their related components. If there is ever a service interruption, a notification will be posted to the System Status. If you are experiencing problems not listed on the System Status, you can submit a request for service.
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Oct 18, 2017 Tips to practice good online safety habits Improve your online experience and increase your security by practicing good online safety habits with these tips and advice.
- Oct 12, 2017 Wi-Fi service added to more outdoor campus locations Notice describes campus locations with outdoor wireless connectivity
- Sep 19, 2017 Find and connect to university services on Virginia Tech's OneCampus site This is a notice introducing OneCampus to the Faculty/Staff population
- Sep 13, 2017 Find university services on Virginia Tech's OneCampus site This is a notice announcing OneCampus to the Student Population
- Sep 07, 2017 Virginia Tech collaboration with colleges and universities allows Virginia Cyber Range to thrive Launched in July 2016, the program offers a virtual environment where students can participate in immersive laboratory exercises that complement their cybersecurity courses.
- Aug 31, 2017 FCC grants streamlined request process for experimental radio licenses on Virginia Tech Blacksburg campus Campus notice regarding streamlined FCC license procurement for researchers on campus.
IT Maintenance Events
- Oct 17, 2017 Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Oct 17, 2017 Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Sep 19, 2017 Find and connect to university services on Virginia Tech's OneCampus site OneCampus is the new hub for online academic, business, and personal transactions while at the university. You can use OneCampus to to connect to everything from Canvas to parking services; from leave reports to paystub information; from ticket sales to the academic calendar; and more!
- Sep 07, 2017 Virginia Cyber Range At a Sept. 6 ceremony, the Virginia Cyber Range was presented with the 2017 Governor’s Technology Award for innovative use of technology in education.
- Apr 07, 2017 Information Technology Symposium To support the exchange of information and greater collaboration between all IT professionals at Virginia Tech, the IT Council and the Division of IT are hosting a new program called the IT Symposium. The inaugural event is coming up on the afternoon of April 7, 2017. The IT Symposium is organized to promote open discussion in a roundtable format. This year's schedule includes a pre-session in the morning over at the Moss Arts Center, and then four concurrent sessions in the afternoon.
- Jan 10, 2017 CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap Join us on February 7th for “CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap” a documentary exploring the role of women and minorities in data science and STEM. After the movie, Lauren States leads a panel of software developers and engineers including Jessica Self, Racheida Lewis, Ashima Athri, and Mary Martin in discussing issues of gender and race in today’s technology fields.
- Sep 21, 2016 Virginia Cyber Range Working with eight other public institutions of higher education across Virginia, Virginia Tech is leading an effort to create a state-of-the-art platform for cybersecurity education. The Virginia Cyber Range will provide advanced cybersecurity training exercises for high-school and college students, revolutionize cybersecurity education within the commonwealth, and position Virginia to become a leading source of critical cybersecurity expertise for the nation.
- Aug 18, 2016 Summit Summit, Virginia Tech’s new research proposal management system, simplifies the development and internal submission of research proposals for faculty and research administrators. The system includes a suite of new tools that will improve sponsored research administration at Virginia Tech.
IT Events Calendar
- Oct 19, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM AISB 113 Brown Bag Lunch with the Deputy CIO Bring a bring lunch, or just stop by to talk. This is an informal opportunity to discuss topics that may be of interest to you, and help gauge how things are going from your perspective. We live in a dynamic time of change for VT and within the Division, but this is our new norm. It is important that we keep the conversation going & the solutions flowing. Scot Ransbottom is planning to hold similar sessions 3 or 4 times per year across campus.
- Oct 23, 2017 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Inn at Virginia Tech, Smithfield Room Division of IT Leadership Development Program Kickoff Welcome to what we believe will be an exciting and valuable learning journey as we explore building leadership skills together. As we kick off this new program in the Division of IT we wanted you to hear a few words from Dr. Midkiff, and have an opportunity to meet each other while you review the results of your strengths assessment. Prior to this event, it will be important for you to complete the StrengthsFinder assessment by the set deadline (in previous email). Everyone participating in this program should attend this event. If you are unable to make this date, please let me know as soon as possible.
- Oct 29, 2017 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM MABUG Conference Virginia Tech is proud to host the Mid Atlantic Banner Users Group (MABUG) conference October 29-31, 2017 More information to follow
- Open letter to faculty on migration to Canvas
- Notices for the Graduates asked to unsubscribe from VT Alerts
- iPads, MacBooks, laptops, cameras, and more available for checkout at Newman Library
- BT4U mobile app provides real-time bus information
- Beware of VT Alerts phishing scam
- Learning Experience Design provides course design assistance during Canvas migrations
- All employees have unlimited access to software, design, and business skill tutorials via lynda.com
- Download LiveSafe app to stay safe and informed
- Email 'phishing' reminder
- Important safety information about university telephones
- Accessibility improvements made to interactive campus map
- Enroll in 2-Factor Authentication before it becomes mandatory July 4