IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Aug 16, 2018 Virginia Tech partners with Turnitin to provide plagiarism detection software This educational tool promotes academic integrity while also enhancing student learning and improving the student writing experience.
- Aug 15, 2018 Karen Herrington appointed director of IT data analytics and visualization Herrington moves from her previous role in Secure Identity Services to direct the IT data analytics and visualization effort on a full-time basis.
- Jul 30, 2018 Banner 9 available to departmental users beginning August 6 Information about the Banner 9 Rollout coming August 6th, 2018, how to get additional information about it.
- Jul 24, 2018 Accessibility Hackathon, Aug. 16 See how you can use accessible technologies to enhance your videos, websites, presentations, and other shared media.
- Apr 09, 2018 Virginia Cyber Range to host inaugural conference for cybersecurity educators The two-day conference will explore how to more effectively teach cybersecurity topics including network defense, secure coding, digital forensics, and how to secure critical infrastructure.
- Apr 05, 2018 Research teams led by junior faculty win seed funding for new projects The Institute for Critical Technology and Applied Science's flagship funding program, the Junior Faculty Awards are designed to provide seed funding for new projects that have the potential to grow into vibrant research programs attracting major federal grants.
- Mar 12, 2018 Free event to help inspire students to dream big Virginia Tech's Division of Information Technology is teaming up with InclusiveVT, the College of Science, and the College of Engineering to organize a unique event called "Hidden Figures: Into the Future," which will bring middle and high school students from the region to campus on March 19 and 20.
Division of IT - Twitter
- Aug 15, 2018
Aug 15, 2018
We’re here to help with all your IT needs! https://twitter.com/vtscottmidkiff/status/1029701176407797760 …
- Aug 13, 2018
- Aug 07, 2018
Aug 01, 2018
You know how just the other day we said something about how SMS texts and phone calls are not the best way to do 2-Factor Authentication? Using the Duo app or a token are much more secure. https://www.wired.com/story/reddit-hacked-thanks-to-woefully-insecure-two-factor-setup/ …
- Jul 30, 2018
Jul 30, 2018
4-VA Grants Kick-Off, Aug. 10 — Learn about the upcoming call for collaborative research proposals and meet recent 4-VA grant award recipients as they showcase their work. https://vtnews.vt.edu/notices/it-tlos-4VAkickoff.html … pic.twitter.com/3znmmxq2ma
Jul 29, 2018
Families in the #NRV - mark your calendars for the Virginia Science Festival! https://twitter.com/VTSciFest/status/1022897016165285888 …