Division of Information Technology
Need help? Ask 4help, browse our Knowledge Base for answers, or connect to IT support services.
If there is ever a service interruption, a notification will be posted to the IT Status page.
Find and request technology services available to Virginia Tech students, faculty, and staff.
Information Technology compliance and best practices.
Descriptions of open positions within IT.
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Oct 21, 2021 UX Community Coffee Talks shed light on user experience design, one hour at a time Join the UX Community for a special guest speaker series. All Virginia Tech faculty and staff interested in user experience design are invited to attend.
- Oct 18, 2021 Tips and best practices to avoid phishing attacks What to look out for and what to do if you receive a suspicious email or message asking for personal or financial information.
- Oct 01, 2021 Fall 2021 Microsoft Teams and Google Workspace training sessions open for enrollment Professional development network credits are available for each of these online courses.
- Oct 01, 2021 New university security standard for administrative privileges will mitigate cyber risk The University Computer Administrator Access Standard will officially go into effect on January 1, 2022.
- Sep 30, 2021 Call for abstracts: DRIVE flexible and online learning experience grants The Provost’s Office and TLOS invite submission of abstracts for the inaugural Develop, Redesign, Innovate, Vitalize, and Enhance (DRIVE) grants.
Division of IT Spotlights
- Jun 28, 2021 Bring Your Own Brain: April 28, 2021 Join us for panel discussion exploring neurodiversity in the workplace, with a focus on STEM industries. This Zoom webinar is free and all are welcome to register.
- Feb 19, 2021 Virginia Tech celebrates 50 years of computer science In January 2021, the computer science department launched a semester-long set of virtual programs to celebrate its 50th anniversary on a special dedicated site, with a video message from Cal Ribbens, computer science department head, and Julie Ross, the Paul and Dorothea Torgersen Dean of Engineering.
- Jan 11, 2021 Virginia Tech’s Citizens Broadband Radio Service licenses, administered by the Division of IT, featured in Virginia Business Virginia Business recently featured Virginia Tech's new CBRS licenses, which the Division of IT administers and played a significant role in obtaining for the university.
- May 12, 2020 Join us in congratulating our graduating IT student employees (and employee-students!) Please join us in saying CONGRATULATIONS!!! to our Division of IT student workers (and employee-students!) who are graduating in spring/summer 2020.
- Mar 17, 2020 COVID-19: Technology Resources The following resources from the Division of IT will help you navigate the technology needed to successfully teach, take classes, and work remotely as Virginia Tech modifies its operations for fall 2020.