Division of Information Technology
Need help? Ask 4help, browse our Knowledge Base for answers, or connect to IT support services.
If there is ever a service interruption, a notification will be posted to the IT Status page.
Find and request technology services available to Virginia Tech students, faculty, and staff.
Information Technology compliance and best practices.
Descriptions of open positions within IT.
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Jul 23, 2021 Google Drive security update may affect file-sharing links for some users Beginning July 26, 2021, some users may receive an email from Google notifying of a forthcoming Google Drive security update that affects some file-sharing links.
- Jul 12, 2021 Microsoft 365 Duo Second-Factor Screen Change to Occur July 17 Users will experience minor changes in the Duo 2-Factor authentication process when logging into Microsoft 365 and Azure services after July 17, 2021.
- Jul 07, 2021 Recovery of data underway for computers impacted by global ransomware attack
- Jul 05, 2021 Users of Kaseya system management software affected by ransomware attack
- Jun 09, 2021 Enroll now in TLOS Summer professional development opportunities Explore a sampling of summer 2021 professional development opportunities provided by TLOS to foster the integration of technology in teaching, learning, research, and daily activities for Virginia Tech faculty, staff, and graduate students.
Division of IT Spotlights
- Jun 28, 2021 Bring Your Own Brain: April 28, 2021 Join us for panel discussion exploring neurodiversity in the workplace, with a focus on STEM industries. This Zoom webinar is free and all are welcome to register.
- Feb 19, 2021 Virginia Tech celebrates 50 years of computer science In January 2021, the computer science department launched a semester-long set of virtual programs to celebrate its 50th anniversary on a special dedicated site, with a video message from Cal Ribbens, computer science department head, and Julie Ross, the Paul and Dorothea Torgersen Dean of Engineering.
- Jan 11, 2021 Virginia Tech’s Citizens Broadband Radio Service licenses, administered by the Division of IT, featured in Virginia Business Virginia Business recently featured Virginia Tech's new CBRS licenses, which the Division of IT administers and played a significant role in obtaining for the university.
- May 12, 2020 Join us in congratulating our graduating IT student employees (and employee-students!) Please join us in saying CONGRATULATIONS!!! to our Division of IT student workers (and employee-students!) who are graduating in spring/summer 2020.
- Mar 17, 2020 COVID-19: Technology Resources The following resources from the Division of IT will help you navigate the technology needed to successfully teach, take classes, and work remotely as Virginia Tech modifies its operations for fall 2020.