Division of Information Technology
The IT Transformation will foster innovation and efficiency, strengthening our IT products, services, and career pathways.
IT Support 24/7
Need help? Ask 4help, browse our Knowledge Base for answers, or connect to IT support services.
IT Service Catalog
Find and request technology services available to Virginia Tech students, faculty, and staff.
Policies & Standards
Information Technology compliance and best practices.
Descriptions of open positions within IT.
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- May 05, 2023 Google Auxiliary Email account creation and shared drive procedures change May 10
- Apr 26, 2023 Changes planned for Google email, calendar, and online storage While most Virginia Tech Google apps will continue to be available for students, faculty, and staff, a licensing change implemented by Google is causing Virginia Tech to make changes. Over the coming months, users should review their current storage usage, plan for the deletion of unneeded files and email stored in Google, and consider how they will administer their ongoing needs for online file storage.
- Apr 24, 2023 Cybersecurity is a team sport — and it’s recruiting all positions There’s a position for everyone in cybersecurity. Commonwealth Cyber Initiative researchers are exploring ways to attract and train a diverse talent pool to meet the exploding, dynamic need for well-rounded cybersecurity professionals.
- Apr 21, 2023 Dane Skow named associate vice president for research computing Skow heads the university's Advanced Research Computing unit, bringing more than 20 years of experience in high-performance computing innovation and leadership to Virginia Tech.
- Mar 24, 2023 Equity and Accessibility 2021-22 annual report now available A message from Office for Equity and Accessibility Associate Vice President Kelly Oaks.
- Mar 07, 2023 Scott Midkiff to step down following nearly 11 years as vice president and CIO Midkiff has announced he will step down from his role as vice president for information technology and chief information officer and return to the faculty in the College of Engineering.
- Mar 07, 2023 Virginia Cyber Range's statewide capture the flag competition helps close the cybersecurity skills gap The Commonwealth Cyber Cup, a capture the flag competition for public high schools in Virginia, lets students showcase their cyber skills and engage in hands-on learning.
Division of IT Spotlights
- Mar 01, 2023 Moving the internet beyond its boundaries This year marks the 25th anniversary of the university's first implementation of the IPv6 protocol on its networks.
- Jan 20, 2023 Minh-An Pence named human resources director for the Division of Information Technology Minh-An Pence will lead the Division of Information Technology’s human resources (HR) team and join a growing cadre of HR division directors across the university.
- Nov 07, 2022 Dale Pike promoted as part of Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies reorganization Dale Pike, executive director of Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS), has been promoted to the rank of associate vice provost and will now report to Executive Vice Provost Don Taylor.
- Sep 23, 2022 Terry Herdman, associate vice president for research computing, retires after 48 years of service Terry Herdman, associate vice president for research computing, director of the Interdisciplinary Center for Applied Mathematics, and professor of mathematics, retired from Virginia Tech effective Sept. 9, 2022.
- Aug 29, 2022 New dashboard provides updates on IT Transformation program The dashboard provides a succinct overview of active and future projects, as well as detailed information about each active project, including descriptions of project highlights, deliverables, progress made on deliverables, and any existing issues.