Division of Information Technology
Need help? Ask 4help, browse our Knowledge Base for answers, or connect to IT support services.
If there is ever a service interruption, a notification will be posted to the IT Status page.
Find and request technology services available to Virginia Tech students, faculty, and staff.
Information Technology compliance and best practices.
Descriptions of open positions within IT.
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Sep 16, 2021 University Data Governance Council completes first year, shares outcomes Established in August 2020, the council provides overall direction and strategic guidance to the university’s data management and analytics efforts.
- Sep 13, 2021 Microsoft 365 basic authentication support ending; two-factor authentication required for all users End of support will be implemented in phases between Sept. 15 and Nov. 15. Collaborative Computing Solutions will work with departmental IT staff to ensure affected users are compliant with the change.
- Sep 08, 2021 Feedback invited during strategic review of university IT operations, infrastructure Members of the university community are invited to share their perspectives on IT services, strategy, and needs.
- Sep 01, 2021 New archive folder in Outlook provides additional email storage The newly enabled Exchange Online Archiving feature provides unlimited archiving storage space for Virginia Tech Outlook users.
- Aug 30, 2021 Call for abstracts: 4-VA Collaborative Research and Course Redesign grants The 4-VA program is now accepting abstracts for Collaborative Research and Course Redesign grants. The deadline for submissions is Oct. 1, 2021.
Division of IT Spotlights
- Jun 28, 2021 Bring Your Own Brain: April 28, 2021 Join us for panel discussion exploring neurodiversity in the workplace, with a focus on STEM industries. This Zoom webinar is free and all are welcome to register.
- Feb 19, 2021 Virginia Tech celebrates 50 years of computer science In January 2021, the computer science department launched a semester-long set of virtual programs to celebrate its 50th anniversary on a special dedicated site, with a video message from Cal Ribbens, computer science department head, and Julie Ross, the Paul and Dorothea Torgersen Dean of Engineering.
- Jan 11, 2021 Virginia Tech’s Citizens Broadband Radio Service licenses, administered by the Division of IT, featured in Virginia Business Virginia Business recently featured Virginia Tech's new CBRS licenses, which the Division of IT administers and played a significant role in obtaining for the university.
- May 12, 2020 Join us in congratulating our graduating IT student employees (and employee-students!) Please join us in saying CONGRATULATIONS!!! to our Division of IT student workers (and employee-students!) who are graduating in spring/summer 2020.
- Mar 17, 2020 COVID-19: Technology Resources The following resources from the Division of IT will help you navigate the technology needed to successfully teach, take classes, and work remotely as Virginia Tech modifies its operations for fall 2020.