IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Feb 22, 2017 Virginia Cyber Range names Amazon Web Services as preferred partner AWS will join the Commonwealth of Virginia and Virginia Tech to support scalable cloud infrastructure and collaborate on cybersecurity educational efforts, enabling the Cyber Range with both content and a closed network for hands-on exercises, competitions, and other simulations.
- Feb 01, 2017 Documentary, panel discussion about women and minorities in STEM and computing set for Feb. 7 Virginia Tech is hosting a public screening of “CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap,” on Feb. 7. CODE is a documentary that explores the history of women and minorities in the field of computer science and discusses the benefits, challenges, and struggles of underrepresented groups in the STEM fields.
- Jan 30, 2017 Don’t wait to move courses to Canvas; Scholar ends May 20 Beginning in June of 2015, Virginia Tech began the move to the Canvas Learning Management System. The transition period is rapidly coming to a close, and Scholar will be decommissioned on May 20, 2017.
- Oct 25, 2016 Aras Memisyazici appointed network architect for the Virginia Cyber Range In his new position, Memisyazici will define needs and develop technical strategy for the Virginia Cyber Range, a newly formed virtual center aimed at creating a state-of-the-art platform for cybersecurity education in Virginia.
- Sep 21, 2016 Virginia Cyber Range to enhance cybersecurity education across the commonwealth The initiative will provide advanced cybersecurity training exercises for high school and college students, positioning Virginia to become a leading source of critical cybersecurity expertise for the nation.
- Sep 13, 2016 Enhancing national security by making intelligence software smarter The Discovery Analytics Center and a Virginia-based defense company are working together on software that can predict and adapt to an intelligence analyst's needs.
- Sep 08, 2016 New lab to help establish databases to improve nuclear reactor safety, design The lab, to be built in Randolph Hall, will help nuclear engineers develop and test databases to enable engineers to design safer, more-efficient reactors.
Division of IT - Twitter
Apr 26, 2017
#VirginiaTech researchers: Explore Amazon Web Services research initiatives on May 1. https://vtnews.vt.edu/notices/20170421_awsresearchcloud.html …
Apr 25, 2017
Next week - kinda full of neat IT events! Thursday @VT_TLOS - 3 showcases on innovative tech for teaching. Reply/message us for details!
Apr 25, 2017
Next week - kinda full of neat IT events! Tues PM @TheTechCouncil hosts talk on enterprise cloud cybersec. Reply/message us for details!
- Apr 25, 2017
Apr 25, 2017
Because glyphs (and gender equity) matter quite a bit! https://medium.com/facebook-design/how-we-changed-the-facebook-friends-icon-dc8526ea9ea8 …
Apr 25, 2017
Microsoft users - make sure your OS is fully updated! The current update provides a patch for a pretty gnarly vulnerability. #becybersafe
IT Events Calendar
- May 01, 2017 - May 01, 2017 - 1100 Torgersen Hall Colloquium - Amazon Web Services Research Initiatives
- May 02, 2017 - May 02, 2017 - Concept Meeting Room, 1880 Pratt Drive, Suite 2018 Cloud Security Best Practices for the Enterprise
- May 04, 2017 - May 04, 2017 - Torgersen 1100 3D Printing for Education Showcase
- May 04, 2017 - May 04, 2017 - Torgersen 1060 Course Design and Gamification of Learning Showcases
- May 17, 2017 - May 17, 2017 - AISB 208 BreakIT coffee break
- May 20, 2017 - May 20, 2017 - Scholar gets turned off!
- May 30, 2017 - May 30, 2017 - RB-14, room 115 + WebEx IT Service Management Group Meeting
- Jun 21, 2017 - Jun 21, 2017 - CRC Pavilion, Innovation Drive DoIT Summer Picnic