IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Jan 11, 2017 4Help walk-in computing assistance on Torgersen Bridge Virginia Tech’s 4Help is available as a walk-in service on Torgersen Bridge to assist Virginia Tech students, faculty and staff with computing issues.
- Oct 25, 2016 Aras Memisyazici appointed network architect for the Virginia Cyber Range In his new position, Memisyazici will define needs and develop technical strategy for the Virginia Cyber Range, a newly formed virtual center aimed at creating a state-of-the-art platform for cybersecurity education in Virginia.
- Sep 21, 2016 Virginia Cyber Range to enhance cybersecurity education across the commonwealth The initiative will provide advanced cybersecurity training exercises for high school and college students, positioning Virginia to become a leading source of critical cybersecurity expertise for the nation.
- Sep 13, 2016 Enhancing national security by making intelligence software smarter The Discovery Analytics Center and a Virginia-based defense company are working together on software that can predict and adapt to an intelligence analyst's needs.
- Sep 08, 2016 New lab to help establish databases to improve nuclear reactor safety, design The lab, to be built in Randolph Hall, will help nuclear engineers develop and test databases to enable engineers to design safer, more-efficient reactors.
- Sep 01, 2016 Virginia Tech reveals $75 million plan to emphasize intelligent infrastructure More than 80 faculty members from multiple colleges and institutes are involved in the initiative, as the university ties new assets into existing programs and research facilities.
- Aug 18, 2016 Virginia Tech’s new data repository helps researchers share data The easier data is to evaluate and reuse, the simpler it is for researchers to verify others’ results and understand what has already been tested in their fields. Open data repositories allow researchers to spend less time pursuing false leads and more time creating new knowledge.
Division of IT - Twitter
- Jan 20, 2017
- Jan 18, 2017
- Jan 18, 2017
Jan 17, 2017
Welcome back, Hokies! Did you know your eduroam login gets you WiFi downtown now? http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news/eduroam-available-in-downtown-blacksburg/article_f0649b8a-d6b1-11e6-91e9-fb13c1b6a13d.html …
- Jan 13, 2017
Jan 12, 2017
Welcome new TAs and Instructors! https://twitter.com/marjoriewillner/status/819551450703478784 …