William Dougherty, Executive Director
Network Infrastructure and Services exists to enable Virginia Tech to succeed in its overall mission by providing and managing the university's information technology infrastructure and services. We accomplish this by:
- Identifying and incorporating solutions through the dynamic implementation and management of emerging technologies.
- Promoting sound fiscal management.
- Endeavoring to advance the capabilities of our existing information technology infrastructure and services
- Broadly disseminating information regarding new technological developments.
- Providing network, system, and services management, maintenance, and support with emphasis on a high level of security, availability, and reliability.
- Leading the coordination and delivery of technology and related services for campus safety and security throughout the university.
- Supporting the teaching and learning, research, and outreach missions of the university, while embracing our role as a corporate citizen within the local, state, regional, and international communities.
- Remaining sufficiently flexible to pursue aggressive development and expansion of new services.