IT Events Calendar
- Sep 20, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 Using Canvas to Complete Pathways Ass... Using Canvas to Complete Pathways Assessment: Beginning in Fall 2018, assessment data will be collected each time a Pathways course is taught. Participants in this course will learn how to use Canvas to find and import Pathways outcomes, align the outcomes with assignments and quizzes, and track student outcomes in the Learning Mastery Gradebook. This workshop is geared toward faculty who are currently teaching Pathways courses or anticipate teaching Pathways courses.
- Sep 20, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 Pathways Assessment: How to Prepare a... Pathways Assessment: How to Prepare and Make the Most of the Process: This session will introduce the assessment process for courses in the Pathways General Education curriculum. Beginning in Fall 2018, assessment data will be collected each time a Pathways course is taught. Participants will learn the four steps in the data collection process, including how to select student work to assess each Pathways concept and student learning outcome, apply the Pathways Rubrics to determine student competency levels, and report assessment results. This workshop is geared toward faculty who are currently teaching Pathways courses or anticipate teaching Pathways courses.
- Sep 20, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 Collaboration using Microsoft Teams Collaboration using Microsoft Teams: Microsoft Teams provides a chat-centered collaboration space designed to allow team members to move quickly back and forth from conversations to content and tasks. It provides a single integrated solution for team communication, file sharing, and online meetings. This workshop will examine and demonstrate the capabilities of Teams as a collaboration tool for teams of various sizes. By the end of the workshop, you will have completed the first step towards understanding the basics of the technology and having the necessary foundation to explore Microsoft Teams on your own.
- Sep 21, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 Kaltura as a Content Management System Kaltura as a Content Management System: Do you store video in multiple locations? Kaltura is a Video Content Management system. Come see some of the funcioniality and features that will help you stay more organized and share video easier than before.
- Sep 21, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 Handling Difficult Conversations in t... Handling Difficult Conversations in the Classroom: We want our students to grapple with challenging and controversial topics, but are we prepared to facilitate discussions when these topics evoke strong opinion and emotional response? This course provides proactive strategies for creating classroom environments that foster dialogue. The session includes time for participants to write guidelines they can use in their classes, as well as a chance to practice using tools that reduce tension, promote engagement, and develop student's critical communication skills.