IT Events Calendar
- Nov 14, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 What's New in Ed Tech: Trends in Le... What's New in Ed Tech: Trends in Learning Technologies for Higher Education 2018-9: This is a required course for the NLI Computer Refresh Program. In this session, current trends in higher education serve as the framework to discuss new technologies and evolutions in teaching strategies in our rapidly changing teaching and learning environments. Using the 2017 NMC Horizon Report as a launching pad, this session reviews trends in higher educational technologies that may have a direct impact on your teaching and research. Participants will get a chance to review an array of topics and hear where to find support for their interests on campus. By the end of this session, participants will be able to: Identify which current trends in higher education have an impact on their teaching, learning, and research environments; Discuss the advantages and challenges of adopting current and cutting-edge technologies; Identify technologies and teaching strategies that they would like to learn more about; and Identify areas of the TLOS that could help support your own professional development needs.
- Nov 27, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 Canvas: Building Assignments Canvas: Building Assignments: In this workshop, participants will practice building out assignments of various submission types and explore how to build group assignments as well as how to give extra credit. Participants will also be provided with tips/strategies on how to use the assignments tool to maximize effectiveness of student performance.
- Nov 29, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 Ensemble: The Bootstrap 4 Grid Ensemble: The Bootstrap 4 Grid : This advanced topic discusses Bootstrap, the world's most popular responsive, mobile first framework. It can be used by web designers and developers to build responsive sites. Bootstrap 4 is also the grid technology underneath the One Ensemble templates. Come to learn how Bootstrap works and how designers and developers can apply bootstrap styles to the Virginia Tech page templates.
- Dec 04, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1100 Using Canvas to Complete Pathways Ass... Using Canvas to Complete Pathways Assessment: Beginning in Fall 2018, assessment data will be collected each time a Pathways course is taught. Participants in this course will learn how to use Canvas to find and import Pathways outcomes, align the outcomes with assignments and quizzes, and track student outcomes in the Learning Mastery Gradebook. This workshop is geared toward faculty who are currently teaching Pathways courses or anticipate teaching Pathways courses.
- Dec 04, 2018 Torgersen Hall 1120 Ensemble: Web Tips and Tricks Ensemble: Web Tips and Tricks: For web content creators who have mastered the basics and regularly create content, we offer myriad advanced tips and tricks. Although most learners won't need every technique, this survey touches on common needs, recurring web support tickets, and technical enhancements to the Ensemble web content management system (CMS). Each session covers different topics in depth.